During your vacations in Vendée, you will have several reasons to visit a market: taste the local specialties, buy souvenirs or prepare a picnic before your day at the beach. Enjoy a 4-star stay with heated swimming pool at the campsite on the Atlantic Ocean and the many sandy beaches, opt for a vacation rental in one of our mobile homes or pitches.
We present here the best markets of Vendée and their schedules for the year 2019.
Two markets take place throughout the year at Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie :
• Place Kergoustin Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
• Place du Vieux Port on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
In the summer three more markets take place:
• A night craft market on the squares of the Old Port and the Herb Market, every evening from 8:00 pm to midnight, from July 3rd to September 1st.
• A market of arts and crafts and producers from July 9 to August 20 on the quay of Port Fidèle, every Tuesday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. You will discover local crafts: clothes, jewelry, paintings and local products.
• A friendly market on the theme of the aperitif on Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm from July 4th to August 1st, Place de la Gare.
A Saint-Jean-de-Monts in Vendée two markets take place all year round:
• The market for Demoiselles on Thursdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm in the Demoiselles district..
• The big market of Saint-Jean-de-Monts on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at Place Jean Yole. This is a non-food market where several local artisans are present.
A covered market is held from April 6 to December 31 in the historic downtown area near the church. There you will find, among other things, delicious specialties from the Vendée.
During the two summer months, the covered market on the beach is open every morning from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
At the same place from July 1 to August 31, a small craft market is held from 8:00 pm to midnight. You will find there nice souvenirs to bring back from your vacations in Vendée.
All year round on Sunday mornings, the city’s weekly market is held from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. It takes place in the Market Square from June 15 to September 15 approximately and in the Church Square the rest of the year. During the summer another market is held on Thursday from 9am to 12:30pm in the church square.
From June 25 to September 3, the Saveurs du Terroir mornings are organized on the Place de la Mairie. Every Tuesday morning from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm this market exposing local producers and traders allows you to discover good regional products.
In July and August, the craft market presents local artisans at the corner of Avenue de la Mer and Rue des Chevreuils every Tuesday. Jewelry, ceramics, bags and puppets are sold from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
At the Barre-de-Monts south of l’île de Noirmoutier, a food market is held from April to October on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at Place de la Fontaine in the suburb of Fromentine.
At the same place, “gourmet evenings between land and sea” are organized during the summer every Monday from July 8 to September 2 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. You will be able to taste some of the best products from the Vendée and meet some local producers such as Serge Renaud or Nicolas Cluet.
Every Friday evening from July 5th to August 23rd, artists and craftsmen from the Vendée meet at La Chaize-Giraud to let you discover their authentic creations. The whole town comes alive during this summer meeting which attracts locals and tourists. It is the opportunity to visit this small village of character and to meet its inhabitants.